easyDNS Terms of Service
Takedown Policy: If you are looking for our takedown policy or are reading these terms to look for a way to compel us takedown a domain, please read our official takedown policy. All requests to take down a domain will be refered to said policy.
The following terms and conditions constitute a contract between easyDNS and you, the Applicant.
- The Applicant agrees to pay easyDNS the annual fees for their desired service level in advance. New domains will not be registered until remittance of these fees. (These fees are posted with the service levels on the sign-up forms and are clearly visible when the service level is selected)
- The Applicant understands that the domain for which DNS service is purchased may be substituted only once during the term for which the DNS service fee has been paid, and that additional substitutions may be made for a fee.
- The Applicant understands that no refunds or credits will be given once registration of a new domain name has been completed or in the case of existing domain names, once the domain has been delegated to the easyDNS nameservers.
- easyDNS will provide adequate notice to The Applicant should the service fees change at any time.
- The Applicant understands that using easyDNS to register a new, unclaimed domain name does not guarantee that the Applicant will secure the domain name. The Applicant further understands that any delay between preparing an application for registration through easyDNS, and paying the easyDNS fee associated with the domain name (which is required before the application for the domain name is submitted), reduces the likelihood that the Applicant will secure the domain name.
- Once registration has been completed, the Applicant owns the domain name and assumes all responsibility for all obligations or liabilities related to the domain name, including but not limited to, trademark disputes and maintenance fees.
- The applicant indemnifies and holds harmless easyDNS and it's employees, directors, officers, agents and affiliates against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding arising from the domain name or any use of the domain name.
- The Applicant warrants to easyDNS that the details submitted by the Applicant to easyDNS are true and correct, and that future modifications or additions to those details will be true and correct.
- easyDNS members are required to use true and accurate information in their user accounts. Failure to keep a user account up to date may result in the loss of domains (via expiry). Fake account data is grounds for termination.
- Failure to respond to easyDNS queries, questions, or inquiries in a timely manner may result in termination of account and services to domains in the account.
- easyDNS reserves the right to seek remedy in the event of fraudulent payment, chargeback or otherwise uncollectible fees including, but not limited to, applying for deletion of the domain name, suspending all services rendered on said domain name, litigation, and in cases where easyDNS has already paid the registry fees on the domain name, assuming ownership of it.
- In the case of new .com/.net/.org domain names registered via easyDNS or existing domains transferred to easyDNS, The Applicant agrees to be bound by:
- The Applicant agrees not to misrepresent the services provided by easyDNS as services provided by the Applicant.
- The Applicant agrees not to resell, or attempt to resell, the services provided by easyDNS.
- The Applicant agrees not to use the services provided by easyDNS to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law.
- The Applicant will not use URL Forwarding/ Stealth Forwarding for sites containing Adult Content. The Applicant understands that easyDNS will de-activate URL forwarding for any domains found to be Adult Content. (In simple english: If you stealth forward or url forward to a porn site, your forwarding will be cut off. Use an IP address.)
easyDNS reserves the right to revoke any or all services associated with a domain or user account, for policy abuses. What constitutes a policy abuse is at the sole discretion of easyDNS and includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- transmitting Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE)
- transmitting bulk email
- posting bulk Usenet articles
- Denial of Service attacks of any kind
- excessive use of the easyDNS web forwarding service
- excessive use of the easyDNS mail forwarding or spooling service
- copyright infringement
- misrepresentation of easyDNS services
- reselling or attempting to resell easyDNS services
- unlawful or illegal activities of any kind (this includes ponzi schemes and HYIPs)
- promotes net abuse in any manner (providing software, tools or information which enables net abuse)
- causing lossage or creating service degradation for other easyDNS users whether intentional or inadvertent.
- Is listed in the DNS Providers' Blacklist or in any other blacklist / RBL which easyDNS may reference.
Such determination on what constitutes a violation of the above or whether a domain has or is "likely" to violate the above is solely at the discretion of easyDNS. easyDNS may make a reasonable determination based on prior history of the domain and/or registrant using such sources as Usenet archives, mailing list archives and known net abuse databases of easyDNS' choosing.
- If The Applicant operates a network service or otherwise uses the domain to service "downstream" users (i.e. webmail, news providers, access providers, shell access, file sharing, messaging, IRC servers, etc.) then the Applicant:
- shall maintain and monitor an abuse mailbox at each domain providing such services, that box shall be named: abuse@applicant's domain
- shall respond to complaints to that abuse box, and respond to inquiries to that abuse box from easyDNS staff to the satisfaction of easyDNS within 24 hours
- shall only provide mailing services that are confirmed opt-in, and maintain records of these opt-ins and their confirmations and make them available to easyDNS on demand within 24 hours. against their domain names.
- shall create and enforce an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) which contains provisions against net abuse
- understands that their downstream users of domains serviced by easyDNS are also bound by this AUP and failure on the part of a downstream user to abide by the easyDNS AUP or failure by the Applicant to remedy such situation is grounds for termination of service to the domain.
- No Protection for Abusers: Domains and user accounts determined by easyDNS to be in violation of our Terms of Service are not entitled to privacy protection. Member acknowledges and consents that in the event their user account or domains are deemed to be in violation of these Terms of Service, easyDNS may share data about the user account and domains with law enforcement agencies and civil complainants.
- Guilt-by-association: The Applicant understands that service being terminated to a domain for violations of this AUP is grounds for termination of related domains on the system under the same userid or related userids or domains sharing common contact records in the whois database and that such termination can occur without notice or refund.
Domains in the following categories may not use easyDNS services without prior express consent of easyDNS: adult, gambling, sports betting. Failure to obtain express prior consent prior to delegating to our nameservers constitutes grounds for summary termination without notice.
- The Applicant agrees that easyDNS will not be liable for any loss of or use of Customer's domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or any kind (including lost revenues) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise.
- The Applicant agrees that easyDNS may take whatever means necessary to correct any system problems caused by the Applicant domain(s).
- Applicant accepts liability and agrees to reimburse easyDNS within 48 hours for any and all additional costs to easyDNS incurred by their domains, including but not limited to: legal fees and legal costs to easyDNS arising from legal proceedings against Applicant's domain, additional bandwidth and emergency expenditures to easyDNS in the course of mitigating a Denial-of-Service attack against member domains.
- The Applicant understands that easyDNS may take whatever means necessary to correct any system problems caused by third parties such as adding inbound spam filters, implementing SMTP protocol restrictions or imposing other system limits or restrictions. The applicant indemnifies and holds harmless easyDNS, its officers, employees and agents for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or any kind (including lost revenues) regardless of the form resulting from these actions.
- The Applicant understands that easyDNS will make reasonable efforts to notify Applicant of upcoming domain renewals and expirations. Such notification will be made via email to the address on file in the Applicant's member settings. It is the Applicant's responsibility to keep these member settings current. easyDNS is not responsible for domains de-activated, expired or deleted as a result of invalid or outdated member data or lack of response from the applicant.
- All of the Applicant's rights associated with the domain name terminate upon the domain's expiration date. Any ability for an Applicant to renew a domain after the expiration date occurs under a grace period extended as a courtesy as described under the domain deletion policy.
- In the event that a conflict arises between the easyDNS member account holding a domain name and the listed registrant of said domain name, easyDNS will not move, edit or otherwise shift control of the easyDNS account unless:
- the easyDNS account holder requests or permits it,
- the domain owner requests or permits it,
- as directed by a court order that has jurisdiction in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
easyDNS will not modify domain access where we are not the registrar of record for a domain. Domain owners in dispute with or who have lost contact with the easyDNS account holder holding a domain name are directed to resolve the issue of control with the domain's Registrar and then co-ordinate migration of DNS settings to a new account with easyDNS.
- The Applicant shall not: create aliases (CNAME) records in their domains pointing at any host inside the easydns.com, easydns.net, easydns.ca, easydns.org domains, nor any other domain name registered to easyDNS Technologies Inc., nor shall the Applicant create any hostname (A) records pointing at an IP address of an easyDNS server or hostname without prior express permission of easyDNS. easyDNS will remove such records from the offending domain's DNS data without notice and reserves the right to terminate service. (Using easyDNS URL forwarding has our prior permission under this term.)
- The Applicant accepts all responsibility for the security of their easyDNS account. It is up to the Applicant to keep their password secure and to maintain a secure Secret Question/Secret Answer pair. In no event will easyDNS be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your user name, password or secret question/answer pair.
- All DNS packages are subject to limitation and/or additional charges for high volumes of DNS queries. easyDNS will notify Applicant of domains exceeding normal usage and will allow 30 days to remedy or otherwise prepare for additional query charges.
- easyDNS reserves the right to decline services.
- easyDNS reserves the right to amend or edit these terms and conditions at any time.